After 16 years in the industry I had enough positive and negative experiences under my belt to be able to tell what I need in my work environment.
- Each week I am required to do something I haven’t done before
- The decisions I make significantly impact the outcome of the project
- A team to lead
- A team to collaborate with. Not to be mistaken with team of peers that coexist in the same domain within the company.
- Write ALL the codez! I have been building for so long that my mere identify must include the creation of functional software.
- Free flowing asymmetrical humor. Random jokes and topical humor are essential to any healthy work environment.
- Guiding structure that I need to follow, contribute to, and lead with.
- Strong characters with a diversity of views and thoughtful strong opinions.
- Freedom to criticize and to be criticize that actually leads to positive action.
- Freedom to leave work at work without feeling of remorse whenever I choose to do so.
These are the best essential choices that I was able to outline over the last three days since I started writing this. As anything that I write professionally this is a version 1 that might be revised if other evidence presents itself.